A Journey of Thanks

This blog follows my personal journey of thanks. On Dec. 5, 2007, I turn 30. Over the next year, I will reflect back on my life and personally thank all those individuals who made a difference in my life. These thanks will occur through hand written thank you notes and face-to-face encounters. Along my journey, I will interview today's top experts on gratitude and capture my experience through a personal video journal. The end result is a documentary film called "A Journey of Thanks."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm not alone!

On this journey I've seen miracles occur and then I've gone weeks without "seeing" anything. I guess it's not that I didn't see anything, it's just that I didn't write them down. I'm so clear that when one does not stop to give thanks and really become present to the miracles of the moment life passes by and the drama, weight, fear and anxiety creeps back in. And why? Because it maybe easier. It's easier to go with fear because that is what we know...but in the face of fear is where courage lives. So for today...I choose to live in courage. I'm so happy and grateful now that I have the morning off to write this, that I was able to see my son off to school and that I'll be having our friend Annette come over to dowse our house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Troy: I think they are still around - as you said, you might just not write them down. As we train ourselves to see differently, the world appears to shift before our very eyes. The gratitude focus is a great way to begin. Good work!!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home