A Journey of Thanks

This blog follows my personal journey of thanks. On Dec. 5, 2007, I turn 30. Over the next year, I will reflect back on my life and personally thank all those individuals who made a difference in my life. These thanks will occur through hand written thank you notes and face-to-face encounters. Along my journey, I will interview today's top experts on gratitude and capture my experience through a personal video journal. The end result is a documentary film called "A Journey of Thanks."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I've been tagged!

On day three of my journey and I'm happy to report the "Giving Thanks In Advance" experiment still continues to produce. Yesterday I wrote down two things I was thankful for before they happened. One was a productive phone call with a colleague and the other was lunch with my wife. Now I knew both would happen I just wasn't sure how they would look. For example, I was wanting to have a nice lunch just with my wife but I also knew one of her friends would be joining us, which was still great...but not what my intention was.

They day began, I made my phone call to my colleague, it was productive but I also received a nice compliment during the call which was unexpected and greatly appreciated. As for lunch...when I showed up at home to eat I discovered that my wife's friend couldn't make it...so it turned out it was just going to be my wife and I after all. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the fact that both had manifested so great and I believe it's because I gave thanks for them in advance!

In other news...

Looks like I've been tagged ... in a virtual game of BLOG TAG!

So I'm supposed to share five things that people don't know about me, and then I get to tag five other bloggers to do the same. Although here is the interesting thing...I only know one blogger and that is the blogger that tagged me. Her name is Jodi and she inspired me to get a blog for this project. You can check her out at http://youalreadyknowthisstuff.blogspot.com/

Although I'm not sure who I'll tag next I'll at least give you some background you might not know about me...this is a good exercise since I'll be reflecting back on my past 30 years...here are five things that impacted my life.

1) When I was three weeks old I played Baby Jesus in the church program. I guess that is where I got the performance bug!

2) In third grade my Grandpa and Grandma Weyers took our family to Disney World in Florida! It was a dream come true...first time on a plane...first time seeing Mickey...and the first time I picked an orange off an orange tree!

3) I attended Trollwood Performing Arts School in Fargo. I had a teacher and mentor named Larry who encouraged us to start a journal. I've kept one now for the over last 12 years!

4) Back to the Future is my favorite movie! Now that I have a son we watch it all the time!! We even played out the exciting train scene from Back to the Future 3 last night. He used a cookie sheet for the hover board.

5) My life has been hugely impacted by seeing the film The Secret. Jodi was the first person who showed it to me and I've lost count of how many times I've seen it now!

There it is...more of me...more of the moments that made me who I am on my journey.

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home