A Journey of Thanks

This blog follows my personal journey of thanks. On Dec. 5, 2007, I turn 30. Over the next year, I will reflect back on my life and personally thank all those individuals who made a difference in my life. These thanks will occur through hand written thank you notes and face-to-face encounters. Along my journey, I will interview today's top experts on gratitude and capture my experience through a personal video journal. The end result is a documentary film called "A Journey of Thanks."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Day Two

Day two begins...and what I'm present to is that I'm tired today. I would have loved to have just kept sleeping but I knew that today was full of possibility and I chose to get up. Yesterday contained a few key moments I'd like to remember. First off, when I started my day I wrote out five things I was thankful for, one of which was a call from my friend Timm. Well, he called and I though...would he have called anyway or did my moment of thanks in advance begin to create that reality in my life? I'll be tracking those occurrences here. Also on my way to pick up my son, Jacob, I drove past a sign that may have been there for days but I never noticed it until last night. It said, "Remember to be Thankful." How perfect! Lastly, I had my family and friend Sheri, over last night for a little birthday celebration. My wife, Chanda and son gave me a "Thank You" Christmas ornament to commemorate the beginning of this trek. I also shared with everyone this Journey of Thanks. I'm aware that the more I share, the more I'm called to be thankful. It would be easy to just let all of this thankfulness slide, do it for a few days an then forget about it...but having a community of people around you to encourage you along your journey is great! Something tells me along the way people will be inspired to take their own journey of thanks.

So I'm going to shift my energy of "I'm tired" to "I'm grateful for being full of energy and vitality."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home