A Journey of Thanks

This blog follows my personal journey of thanks. On Dec. 5, 2007, I turn 30. Over the next year, I will reflect back on my life and personally thank all those individuals who made a difference in my life. These thanks will occur through hand written thank you notes and face-to-face encounters. Along my journey, I will interview today's top experts on gratitude and capture my experience through a personal video journal. The end result is a documentary film called "A Journey of Thanks."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Monday, January 08, 2007

A Moment of Pure Gratitude

This entry is short but it's something I want to remember. Yesterday, I experienced a moment of thanks that moved me to tears. My three year old, Jacob, and I were out for supper (But calls everything "lunch") and right in the middle of our Subway sandwiches he leans over puts his hand on my arm and says, "I love you, Daddy." I was moved by his little act of love. I held back my tears a little bit as I didn't want to cry in Subway but I recognized the beauty of the moment and just sat there and savored this experience. I've had these moments before with Jake and it is such a deep connection and it impacts me on such an emotional level, the tears that well and the joy I feel comes from that space of gratitude. I'm so happy and grateful to be Jacob's Dad and to have a son who shows his love in such wonderful sweet ways.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this, Troy! There really is so much beauty and joy in the little moments in our lives. I'm grateful that you noticed - and shared it here!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Hi Troy... seems like a noble effort.

We should all remember to be grateful in each and every moment.

Jimmy Graham
Gratitude Changes Everything
www.the10minutemiracle.com

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home