A Journey of Thanks

This blog follows my personal journey of thanks. On Dec. 5, 2007, I turn 30. Over the next year, I will reflect back on my life and personally thank all those individuals who made a difference in my life. These thanks will occur through hand written thank you notes and face-to-face encounters. Along my journey, I will interview today's top experts on gratitude and capture my experience through a personal video journal. The end result is a documentary film called "A Journey of Thanks."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Monday, January 15, 2007

Three Things of Thanks...

Here are a few things I'm thankful for since my last post...

1) The Course of Miracles: My wife and I have joined a local study group here in Fargo. It's a very deep text but insights have been flowing since we began. If you're not familiar with the text you can read more about it here or at a great blog by our friend Jodee

2) The Red Bridge Inn: We had a wonderful stay at the Red Bridge Inn in Park Rapids, MN. Chanda and I and our friend Sheri went for a little "retreat" to brainstorm ideas and get connected. I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast before that had such wonderful hosts. Kevin and Jennie were wonderful from the moment we walked in! Well worth the stay.

3) Potty Trained: Yes, I'm SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL that our son Jacob is potty trained. It was like one day he woke up and said ok I'm just going to do this and he does. My favorite part in this is when he tells me how many times he went in a day. "Daddy I went 3 times...5 times..." But the funny thing is, it is not necessarly how many times he sits on the toliet. It's how many poops he had in the toliet when he stands up. The other night he looked in and saw three little poops and said, "Look Daddy, I went 3 times!"

These are just three blessings and moments of gratitude from the past week. More where there and more are already on there way!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Troy: It's so great to have you in the Course in Miracles group! Thanks for sharing all your insights here! I can't wait to see your film!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home